Biscoff Blondies are thick and chewy, with cookie butter and biscoff crumbs baked into the fudgy blondies, and cookie butter swirled on top. Whip up this easy one-bowl recipe in no time and fall into cookie butter lover’s heaven!
Published October 2022. Updated May 2022.
Why you’ll love these Biscoff Blondies:
- Cookie Butter – Cookie butter is mixed into the batter and swireld on top of the blondies – the baked cookie butter blondies have heavenly melted pools of cookie butter on top!
- Biscoff Cookie Crumbs – Lotus Biscoff cookie crumbs are mixed into the blondie batter and sprinkled on top for maximum biscoff flavor.
- Thick & Chewy Blondies – These blondies bake to chewy perfection, with a fudgy texture. They’re buttery, and oh-so-delicious!
- Cookie Butter – Lotus Biscoff spread (also called cookie butter), is made by Biscoff, but you can of course use any brand you like (Trader Joe’s makes a great one!).
- Biscoff Cookie Crumbs – Lotus Biscoff Biscuits (cookies) are a classic. You can find these near the cookies in most grocery stores. They’re sometimes called speculoos cookies.
- Butter – I always use salted buter for the best flavor, but feel free to use unsalted butter if you prefer.
- Flour – All-purpose flour (plain flour) is the way to go here! No need for cake flour or anything special.
- Vanilla extract – Be sure to use real vanilla extract for the best results.
- Cinnamon – A hint of cinnamon pairs so well with the warm flavor of the cookie butter.
- Dairy-free – Use your favorite dairy-free butter to make this biscoff blondie recipe dairy-free.
- Gluten-free – I haven’t tried it but I think these blondies could work well with a gluten-free 1:1 all-purpose flour.
How to Make this Biscoff Blondie Recipe Step-by-Step:
Step 1: Make the Blondie Batter. In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the wet ingredients – the melted butter and cookie butter. Whisk in the sugar, egg, egg yolk, and vanilla extract. Add the dry ingredients and cookie butter crumbs and fold in with a rubber spatula until combined. The dough will have a thick consistency.
Step 2: Press the dough into a 9×9 ceramic pan and sprinkle biscoff cookie pieces on top.
Step 3: Swirl & Bake. Swirl dollops of cookie butter onto the top of the blondies, add a few more cookie pieces if desired, and follow the baking time in the full recipe card below for best results.
The cookie butter swirls melt into luscious pools on top of the blondies – you must dig in to these while they’re warm from the oven! It’s the ultimate treat for cookie butter lovers.
Expert Success Tips:
- Don’t Over Bake – Don’t over bake your blondies or they will become dry, instead of being nice and chewy & buttery. Follow the bake time and cues in the recipe card below. A slight wobble in the center when they come out is normal, as long as the edges appear set.
I think these are best when they’re just a few hours out of the oven because they’re still warm and a little gooey. But, leftovers can be reheated in the microwave to get back some of gooey texture.
Biscoff cookies and cookie butter have a warm, cozy flavor thanks to spices like cinnamon. They are a must-try!
Biscoff’s website says their cookie butter is vegan.
Baked and cooled blondies can be sliced and stored in an airtight container in the freezer for 1-2 months. Wrap sliced blondies in plastic wrap in pairs of 2. Thaw in the fridge overnight.
- Gingersnaps – Try crushed gingersnap cookies in place of the biscoff cookies if you’d like.
- Nut Butter – I believe this recipe would work with another nut butter, like peanut butter, if you can’t find cookie butter.
- Biscoff Cookie Butter Alternatives – Use any brand of cookie butter you like. You could also try these with another nut butter, if desired.
- White Chocolate Chips – Add white chocolate chunks or chips if you’d like.
Serving + Storing this Recipe:
Let the blondies cool 1-2 hours at room temp in the baking dish on a wire rack, then slice and serve! I like them best while they’re warm from the oven (gooey blondies!!) but leftovers can be stored in an airtight container or tin at room temperature for 4-5 days, and can be reheated if desired.
(The links below are affiliate links, which means I earn a small commission if you make a purchase using that link.)
- Oven Thermometer – Always make sure your oven is running at the correct temperature to avoid failed bakes. An oven thermometer is priceless for all bakers!
- 9×9 Pan – I use a ceramic 9×9 baking pan for all my brownie and bar recipes – the exact one I have is from Crate & Barrel and is a few years old, but here’s a similar one!
More Bar & Blondie Recipes to Love:
- Nutella & Caramel Swirled Blondies
- Salted Caramel Pretzel Brownies
- Life-Changing Butterscotch Blondies
- Double Chocolate Blondies
- Brown Butter Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars
- Ultimate Cookies & Cream Bars
Did you make this recipe? Snap a photo and leave a comment!
Biscoff Swirled Blondies
- 1 cup salted butter, melted 226 grams
- 1/3 cup cookie butter
- 1 and 2/3 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1 large egg
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup biscoff cookie crumbs, plus additional cookies for topping 6-7 cookies
- 1/2 cup cookie butter, for topping
- Prep: Line a 9×9 pan with parchment paper or spray with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside. Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Make the Blondies: In a large mixing bowl, melt the butter and whisk in the cookie butter. Whisk in the brown sugar. Whisk in the egg, egg yolk, and vanilla until just combined. Add the dry ingredients biscoff cookie crumbs and stir in until just combined. Spread the batter in your prepared pan. Dollop the remaining 1/2 cup cookie butter over the batter and swirl it in with a knife. Sprinkle on a few more crushed biscoff cookies.
- Bake: Bake: Bake for 29-33 minutes. A toothpick inserted into the center will have moist crumbs, but not wet wet batter. The edges will appear more set than the center, which will have a slight wobble. Don't over bake these!
- Serve + Store: Let cool 1-2 hours before cutting. These are amazing while they're still warm from the oven! Store leftovers in an airtight container at room temp for 3-4 days.