Slow-Cooker Honey Garlic Chicken is a delicious, incredibly low-maintenance dinner that requires almost no work at all! Saucy chicken is cooked to tender perfection in the crock pot, shredded, and served atop fluffy rice for a meal that’s as delicious as it is easy.
This post is sponsored by our friends at Holland House. All opinions are my own. Thanks for supporting the brands that make Blue Bowl possible!
This dish has officially earned the title of “Best Meal Prep Recipe That’s Also Incredibly Easy and Equally As Delicious!” Okay, that’s a ridiculously long title, but this insanely easy recipe is deserving of it! Let’s walk through it.
Start with a quick + easy Honey Garlic Sauce:
The first part of this recipe is whipping up our honey garlic sauce. It’s made with super simple ingredients – and I bet you have most of them on hand already. We’re talking honey, garlic, soy sauce, ground ginger, water, and our special unexpected ingredient – Holland House White Cooking Wine. It adds a pop of crisp, bold flavor to this sauce and balances out the rest of the flavors perfectly!
Whisk up the sauce and add it to your slow cooker with chicken thighs. I like using chicken thighs here because they are harder to dry out than chicken breast, and because they don’t need to be cut before going in the slow cooker. (All the chicken breasts that we seem to buy these days are SO huge!)
Cook this on low for 2 to 2.5 hours, until the chicken is cooked through and is nice and tender. Remove the chicken from the slow cooker and set aside, tented with foil.
To thicken up our sauce a bit, we’re going to add a slurry of cornstarch and water before transferring the sauce to a small saucepan. Cook this over medium heat for 2-4 minutes, until it’s thickened to your desired consistency.
Return the chicken to your slow cooker, shred it, and pour that delicious Holland-House-enhanced sauce on top! Stir everything up to get your chicken coated in that saucy goodness, and serve with green onions and sesame seeds, if desired, over rice.
See what I mean, now? This recipe is completely deserving of that insanely long name that I bestowed upon it. And, with our secret ingredient of Holland House’s White Cooking Wine in your back pocket, you can’t go wrong on flavor.
Note that this recipe doesn’t make a ton of servings – just four. Which is great if you’re someone who doesn’t like to eat leftovers of the same thing multiple days in a row. But, if you’re super lazy like me and only want to cook one or two recipes each week and have them last longer, you can certainly double the recipe! Either way, I hope you love this recipe as much as we do.
Holland House cooking wines are available nationwide at Walmart, Albertsons Safeway, Shop Rite, Hy-Vee, Food Lion, Hannaford, and Kroger stores. Use their store locator, found here, to find their products near you. And, follow Holland House on Facebook, Instagram, and Pinterest for more recipe inspo!
Did you make this recipe? Snap a photo and leave a comment!
Be sure to follow bluebowlrecipes on instagram and tag @bluebowlrecipes with your photo – I’d love to see what you make! And, be sure to leave a comment + rating below if you make this recipe.
Easiest Slow Cooker Honey Garlic Chicken
- 1/2 cup honey
- 6 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1/3 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup Holland House White Cooking Wine
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 cup water
- 3 and 1/2 lbs boneless skinless chicken thighs, fat trimmed
- 2 tbsp cornstarch, for thickening the sauce after cooking
- 3 tbsp water, for thickening the sauce after cooking
- rice, for serving
- sesame seeds and green onions, for serving/garnish
- Mix up the Sauce: In a small bowl, whisk together the honey, minced garlic, soy sauce, Holland House White Cooking Wine, ground ginger, and water.
- Cook the Honey Garlic Chicken: Place your chicken thighs in the slow cooker and cover with the sauce. Cook on low for 2 to 3 hours. (Mine were perfect at 2 hours and 45 minutes. I'd check them every 20 minutes or so starting at the 2 hour mark). Once the chicken is cooked through and tender, remove it from your slow cooker and set on a plate and tent with foil to keep warm.
- Thicken the Sauce: In a small bowl, whisk together the cornstarch with the 3 tablespoons of water, until the cornstarch is completely dissolved. Stir this into the sauce in your slow cooker, and then pour the sauce into a small saucepan. Heat over medium heat, whisking constantly, for 3-5 minutes, until thickened to desired consistency. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Serve + Store: Add the chicken back to your crockpot, and shred it with two forks. Pour the sauce over the chicken and stir to get the chicken coated in that saucy goodness. Warm a bit longer as needed in the crock pot before serving. Serve over rice, with green onions and sesame seeds, if desired. Leftovers can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for 3-4 days.
Order my new book:
Leave a Reply