This Summer Strawberry Feta Salad comes together in no time and uses simple, fresh ingredients! We’re talking leafy greens, crisp cucumbers, a sprinkle of goat cheese, crunchy walnuts, sliced avocado, and juicy, fresh strawberries! Add grilled chicken to make it a meal, or serve it as-is for a simple side dish.
What’s in this Salad?
This is a go-to meal for me in the summer (er, in May when it’s as hot as summer?). It can be thrown together SO quickly. It doesn’t matter what ingredients you have in your fridge – you can make this work with pretty much whatever you’ve got.
- Fresh greens – You can use baby spinach, arugula, romaine, or a spring mix – or any combination of those! Really, any greens you like will work.
- Cucumber – Slices of cucumber are a must for me in this salad – they pair well with the other ingredients, and they add variety to the textures in this salad.
- Strawberries – These are the star of the show, naturally! I like to quarter them so they’re the perfect bite-size.
- Avocado – It adds healthy fats and a nice bit of creaminess to contrast with the crunchy elements of this salad.
- Walnuts – If you don’t like nuts, you can omit these or you can sub walnuts for something you like better that still gives a bit of crunch. I also think pecans would be delicious here if you prefer those to walnuts!
- Feta – It adds the perfect finish to the salad, and compliments the other flavors so well – and it gives a tiny bit of a salty hit which is lovely with the sweetness of the strawberries.
If you’re wondering where the dressing is, I keep it SUPER simple with this salad! I just give it a swish of olive oil and a sprinkle of salt and pepper. If that’s not your thing, my Poppyseed Dressing from this salad would work wonderfully here!
Other than our juicy fresh strawberries, the beauty of this summer strawberry feta salad really lies in the fact that you can customize it based on what you have on hand! Like I mentioned above, any greens will work, any type of crunch factor that you like will work, and any dressing situation that you like will work. There are endless possibilities with this one, really!
Oh – and how could I forget to mention the other perk of this recipe! If you grill up some chicken and have these ingredients on hand, you have an easy meal you can throw together all week, without needing to turn on your oven in the summer heat.
Summer Strawberry Feta Salad
- 2 cups fresh greens Such as spinach, arugula, spring mix, romaine, etc.
- 4-6 large strawberries, sliced
- 1/2 one large avocado, sliced
- 1/2 cup cucumber, diced
- handful of walnuts
- 1/4 cup feta cheese
- olive oil
- pinch of salt
- pinch of pepper
- grilled chicken, optional
- my poppyseed salad dressing, optional Find it linked below
- Make the Salad: Place the fresh greens in a medium or large bowl. Layer the strawberries, avocado, cucumber, and walnuts on top. Sprinkle on the salt and pepper and feta cheese. Drizzle with the olive oil and toss to combine. Enjoy immediately!
- Customization Options: I like to enjoy this with just a hit of olive oil and a dash of salt and pepper. If you want more of a true salad dressing, I recommend using the Poppyseed Dressing from this recipe. If you want to bulk this up into more of a meal, rather than a side, try adding some grilled chicken.
Order my new book: