Guys, this one is kind of a big deal. This is my All-Time Favorite Dessert In The History Of Everything. And yes, it is worthy of that long, exaggerated (except not actually) title. This is Chocolate Cherry Cheesecake. Also known as:
- The best of all the family recipes
- The easiest cheesecake you’ll ever make
- The BEST cheesecake you’ll ever taste
- An instant classic
If you’ve never made cheesecake before, this is the one to start with. Not only is it THE most delicious, it’s also the simplest to make. Only 8 ingredients, including the crust, and they’re all pantry staples (with the exception of the heavy whipping cream, perhaps). The bake time is wonderful too, totaling only 35-40 minutes rather than the common hour length.
And the taste? To die for. It ages well in the refrigerator, too. Meaning that the leftovers (should you have any) will taste even better the next day. You won’t think it’s possible, but it is. I’ve been conducting my research for years 😉
Speaking of years, that’s how long this cheesecake has been appearing in all my big life celebrations.
Birthdays, Christmases, even anniversaries.
Grant & I made this on our first anniversary and we made it again this year for our 6 month wedding anniversary. I’m pretty sure this recipe is what convinced him to marry me (kidding of course 😉 but I’m sure it didn’t hurt).
So, please stop depriving yourself and make this asap. And then invite me over because this is one dessert I can never get enough of. Every time we make this, we immediately take fork to pan – it hardly ever makes it onto a plate.
- 11 oz cream cheese
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- ¼ cup cocoa (plus a splash more)
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ½ cup whipping cream
- 8 inch graham cracker crust
- 1 can cherry pie filling
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Soften cream cheese in microwave for about 30 seconds. In large mixing bowl, beat cream cheese. Add sugar, and mix well.
- Add cocoa and mix. Add eggs and vanilla, blend well. Add the whipping cream and mix.
- Pour into the prepared crust.
- Bake 35-40 minutes.
- The center will be soft but will set once cooled. Let the cheesecake cool to room temperature before putting it in the refrigerator. Let the cheesecake cool in the fridge (cover with foil or plastic wrap) for a few hours or overnight. Pour cherry pie filling on top before serving (don't do this before you chill the cheesecake).