Introducing the Best-Ever Banana Bread! It’s made in one bowl in just 5 steps, with simple ingredients! It’s perfectly soft and moist, and loaded with chocolate chips. The perfect quick baking project for a weeknight, or to make with your kids!
Thanks to Eagle Brand for sponsoring this recipe! All opinions are my own. Thanks for supporting the brands that make Blue Bowl possible.
This recipe is insanely easy to whip up – and using Sweetened Condensed Milk in banana bread is my new favorite trick! We’re working with a super basic cast of ingredients here:
- Eagle Brand Sweetened Condensed Milk
- Vegetable Oil
- 2 Eggs
- 3 Bananas
- Granulated Sugar
- Baking Soda + Powder
- Chocolate Chips
Want to know a secret about this banana bread? It’s made without butter or regular milk! That’s right – the Eagle Brand Sweetened Condensed Milk takes the place of both the butter and the regular milk in this recipe! It’s smooth creamy texture makes the bread extra moist, and adds extra flavor. You’d never EVER guess there was no butter or regular milk in this bread – promise. It’s still rich and delicious – just the way Banana Bread should taste!
How to Make One-Bowl Banana Bread:
Step 1: Preheat your oven and prepare your pan for baking, with nonstick spray and parchment paper.
Step 2: Next, mash up your ripe bananas in a mixing bowl!
Step 3: Add in the sweetened condensed milk, eggs, sugar, and dry ingredients – everything except the chocolate chips and oil. Whisk everything together, adding a few generous handfuls of chocolate chips once the dry ingredients are almost incorporated. Whisk in the vegetable oil last.
Step 4: Pour the banana bread batter into the prepared pan. The hardest part of this recipe is waiting for it to bake! Your kitchen will start to smell SO amazing as this bakes in the oven.
Once the bread is deep golden brown, and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out with just a bit of moist crumb (or comes out clean – we don’t want to see wet batter!), it’s done! Let it cool for as long as you can possibly bear before digging in and cutting a big slice. But, let’s be honest – eating banana bread warm is the only way to go!
Step 5: DIG IN! The best step in any recipe, naturally! Just imagine those melty puddles of chocolate, that crisp golden brown lid, and the soft texture of the bread. Perfection!
Be sure to slather some butter on top of your warm slice! I’ve even been known to spread nutella on mine for a mid-day snack. This recipe only makes one loaf, since I know many of us are unable to share our baked goods like we normally might right now. However, if you want to you can double this recipe!
My Bananas Aren’t Ripe!
I have a trick to share with you if you’re dying to make banana bread but your bananas are nowhere near being as ripe as we want. Pop them on a foil-lined baking sheet, with the peels on, and bake at 300 degrees F for about 20 minutes. This will ripen the bananas up quickly, and gives the same effect as if you let them sit on the counter for days to ripen on their own. (And, the way groceries have been flying off the shelves lately, we weren’t able to find any bananas that were super ripe – so this trick came in SO handy!).
And, if you can find regular milk, I highly recommend a cold glass on the side of a warm slice of this banana bread! I also loveee stirring some of the Sweetened Condensed Milk into a cup of coffee (it makes an amazing creamer!) to have with a treat like this.
Happy Baking, and stay safe! ❤️
Did you make this recipe? Snap a photo and leave a comment!
One-Bowl Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
- 3 medium bananas See Note if they're not ripe
- 2/3 cup Eagle Brand Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup granulated or cane sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2/3 cup chocolate chips + more for topping
- Prep: Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 9-inch bread pan with nonstick spray and line with parchment paper for easy removal.
- Mash Banana: Mash banana in a medium mixing bowl - measure out 1 and 1/4 cups and return to the same bowl. (Place any excess in a bag in the freezer to use later or to blend into smoothies.)
- Mix up Batter: Add the sweetened condensed milk, eggs, sugar, and dry ingredients to the bowl. Whisk ingredients together, adding the chocolate chips towards the end, just before all the dry ingredients are fully incorporated. Whisk in the vegetable oil last.
- Bake: Pour the batter into prepared pan. Top with an extra sprinkle of chocolate chips. Bake for 1 hour 10 to 1 hour and 20 minutes. When done, the bread will be deep golden brown and a toothpick inserted into the outside will come out clean, and will have some moist crumbs or come out clean when inserted into the center.
- Serve + Store: Enjoy while warm! Slather on some butter and you're in business. Cover leftovers tightly and store at room temp for 3-4 days or in the fridge for 6-7 days.
Order my new book: