Nutella Dessert Pizza is made with an easy cinnamon dough base, covered with luscious nutella, and topped with a buttery cinnamon streusel. Drizzle a white chocolate glaze or more nutella on top and dive into this heavenly dessert!
This recipe was originally published in Dec of 2019, but I just updated it with new photos and a homemade dough base. You can also use a ball of pre-made pizza dough if desired.
Why you’ll love this Nutella Pizza recipe:
- Cinnamon Pizza Crust – Soft, pillowy pizza dough with a hint of cinnamon is the base for this recipe.
- Luscious Nutella – Our pizza base is topped with luscious nutella! No need to make anything for the filling with this fun dessert.
- Cinnamon Streusel – The sweet pizza is topped with a buttery streusel with a hint of cinnamon. The crunch of the streusel pairs beautifully with the creamy nutella!
- Yeast – Be sure to use active dry yeast, not instant yeast.
- All–purpose flour – Spoon & level your flour for best results, or use a scale. Scooping the measuring cup directly in will lead to too much flour.
- Butter – I always use salted buter for the best flavor, but feel free to use unsalted butter if you prefer.
- Nutella – Use brand name or off brand nutella – any chocolate hazelnut spread will work.
- Dairy-free – Use your favorite dairy-free butter sticks and a dairy-free hazelnut spread to make this recipe dairy-free.
- Other nut butters – You can use another nut butter that you enjoy, or something like sun butter if you enjoy that and can’t have nuts.
How to Make this Nutella Dessert Pizza Recipe Step-by-Step:
Step 1: Make the Cinnamon Pizza Dough. Bloom the yeast – this is a really simple step that activates the yeast by adding it to warm water with a bit of sugar. Then, stir in the remaining dry ingredients. Knead the dough for a few minutes, then let the ball of pizza dough rise for about an hour or until double in size, covered loosely with plastic wrap or a clean kitchen towel.
Step 2: Blitz up the streusel topping in the food processor! We’re using flour, olive oil (it gives a nice contrast to the sweetness of everything else – trust!), brown sugar, white sugar, and a pinch of cinnamon and salt.
Step 3: Assemble the Pizza. Press the risen dough into a greased pie dish – no need for a rolling pin! Spread with a layer of nutella, then sprinkle the streusel on top of the nutella. Bake as directed in the recipe card below.
Step 4: Bake the Pizza. Bake this nutella pizza recipe as directed in the recipe card below. The crust will appear set and have been lightly browned, and the streusel will be golden brown.
Serve with fresh strawberries, slices of bananas, or your favorite fruit, and a cold glass of milk! This makes a great holiday dessert or a special treat for brunch! Whatever you do – run, don’t walk – to make this easy dessert recipe! Your tastebuds – and everyone who tastes this – will thank you.
Expert Success Tips:
- Don’t Over Bake – Start with 2-3 minutes less than the bake time says and check for doneness based on cues given in the recipe card.
- Yeast – If your yeast doesn’t bloom as pictured/directed, toss the mixture and start over. Otherwise, your whole dough won’t turn out properly.
- Dough Rising – Letting the dough double in size is more important than sticking strictly to the 1 hour rise time – that’s just an estimate. It may take more time if it’s cold in your home, or less time if it’s warm in your home.
Yes, I think that would work. Just keep an eye on it as it may bake a bit faster. I wouldn’t pre-heat the pizza stone in this case. A cookie sheet or baking sheet works too.
- Other Nut Butters – Feel free to swap in a different nut butter if preferred – like a chocolate peanut butter or chocolate almond butter!
- Glaze – Top this with a white chocolate or a nutella glaze if desired. For the white chocolate glaze, see note in the recipe card below. Find the nutella glaze recipe in my homemade nutella pop tarts recipe.
Serving + Storing this Recipe:
Enjoy this delicious nutella pizza while it’s nice and warm from the oven! Store leftovers, covered, at room temp for 2-3 days, reheating as desired.
- Deep Dish Pie Plate – Use a deeper pie plate for this recipe to hold all the toppings in. You can also use a deep dish pizza pan of similar size, but keep an eye on it because a metal pan will bake the pizza a bit more quickly than a ceramic one.
More Nutella Recipes to use that jar of Nutella in :
- Nutella Chocolate Cupcakes
- No-Bake Nutella Tart
- Nutella Swirled Cookies
- Homemade Nutella Pop Tarts
- Nutella & Caramel Swirled Blondies
More Dessert Pizza Recipes to love:
Did you make this recipe? Snap a photo and leave a comment!
Nutella Dessert Pizza with Cinnamon Streusel
For the Pizza Dough
- 1/2 cup warm water
- 1 tbsp granulated sugar
- 1 and 1/4 tsp active dry yeast
- 1 and 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
For the Streusel
- 3 tbsp cold salted butter, cut into cubes
- 2 tbsp + 1 tsp olive oil
- 3/4 cup + 2 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- pinch salt
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
For the Nutella Pizza
- 1 cup nutella, plus more for serving
- Make the Pizza Dough: Combine sugar and warm water (105° F to 115° F) in a large bowl and whisk together. Add the yeast and don't mix – let sit for 5 minutes. It should be kind of creamy and foamy looking. Stir in the flour, olive oil, cinnamon, salt, and vanilla until a shaggy dough forms. Knead the dough for 5 minutes on a lightly floured surface. Set a timer! Gently shape the dough into a ball and place in the same bowl, sprayed with nonstick spray, and cover with a kitchen towel to rise for 1 hour.
- Make the Streusel: Add all streusel ingredients to food processor and pulse until it clumps together.
- Assemble the Pizza: Preheat the oven to 425° F. Press the bread dough into the greased pan and slightly up the sides. Spread the nutella on top of the dough, then sprinkle on the streusel.
- Bake: Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until the crust is lightly browned and the streusel is golden. You can always lift one edge of the pizza up gently with a spatula to see that the bottom looks done.
- Serve + Store: Let the pizza rest about 5 minutes, then drizzle more nutella over the warm pizza . (Or use a white chocolate glaze, in notes below.)Slice, and enjoy warm! Store leftovers, tightly covered, in the fridge for up to a week. Re-warm the leftovers as desired.