Meet our current dinner obsession! This One Pan Chicken with Garlic Butter Tomato Sauce couldn’t be any easier – or any more delicious! Made with a creamy, heavenly tomato butter sauce, skillet browned chicken breast, and fresh basil. It’s the perfect meal for these hot summer evenings – and it’s great for entertaining, too!
Thanks to Danish Creamery for sponsoring this post! All opinions are my own.
I could not love this meal any more than I currently do. It’s SO perfect for summer – we’ve got fresh tomatoes and basil, it all cooks in one pan, and there’s no need to turn on the oven! I think that’s all we could ever ask for a summertime meal, right? Plus, it’s pretty healthy too!
Let’s walk through how to make this dreamy dinner situation! First, we’re cooking chicken breast seasoned with salt + pepper in a large skillet until it’s completely cooked through. Set the chicken aside on a plate while we make the tomato butter sauce.
Next, we’ll dice up some lovely, fresh summer tomatoes and add them to the same pan. Cook them until they’ve broken down and are saucy. Then – the best part – we’re adding half a stick of Danish Creamery’s Salted European Style Butter! It’s made with 85% butter fat – higher than most other European Style butters – and it’s velvety richness is made possible by using milk from cows that are humanely raised, happily munching all the grass they could ever want, in wide-open pastures.
I mean, just look at that knob of golden buttery goodness. Anyone who tells you that butter is not a solid addition to any main dish is missing out on the pure joy of Garlic Tomato Butter sauce!
Stir the butter in well, and add a couple cloves of minced garlic. Simmer the sauce for a few more minutes on the stove, to cook the garlic, then add the chicken breast back in to get it covered in the buttery tomato sauce!
Finish the whole thing off with some fresh basil, and you’re in business! This meal is so un-fussy, but delicious enough to serve for any summer entertaining situation. The leftovers (should you be lucky enough to have any) also make a fabulous desk lunch the next day. If you want to add a little something extra, you can serve this with rice, mixed grains (couscous, quinoa, etc.) or pasta.
But, honestly, it stands alone just fine. Just fine, indeed.
Happy cooking, friends!
Did you make this recipe? Snap a photo and leave a comment!
One Pan Chicken with Garlic Butter Tomato Sauce
- 3 TBSP olive oil
- 4 medium chicken breasts
- salt + pepper, to taste
- 4 large tomatoes
- 2 large cloves garlic, minced
- 4 TBSP Danish Creamery European-Style Salted Butter
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil, loosely packed
- Cook Chicken: Season chicken breasts with salt and pepper. Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add chicken breasts and cook, flipping halfway, until cooked through. Time will vary depending on size of chicken breasts. Once they're completely cooked through, set aside on a plate.
- Make the Garlic Tomato Butter Sauce: Wash tomatoes and dice. Add the tomatoes to the pan, still over medium heat. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the tomatoes have broken down and are sort of saucy-looking. Add the butter, and stir in until completely melted. Add the garlic, and cook, stirring, for a few minutes (taste to make sure the raw garlic taste is gone).
- Finish it off: Add the chicken back to the pan, and spoon some of the sauce over each chicken breast. Heat for a few minutes.
- Serve + Store: Add the fresh basil just before serving! Enjoy immediately! Store leftovers, in an airtight container, in the fridge for up to 5 days.
Order my new book: