All the best flavors of summer are wrapped up in this dessert – and it could NOT be easier to make! Fresh juicy peaches, nectarines, and blackberries swim under a crisp, golden topping. Serve warm with vanilla ice cream and prepare to fall in love!
I’m OBSESSED with peaches. I think you’ve probably noticed that by now. So far this summer, I’ve shared recipes for Peach Pizza, Mini Peach Upside Down Cakes, and there’s a Peach salad coming later this week. I’m not one bit sorry about it. Peaches are summer’s greatest gift so, yes, I will find a way to stuff them into every meal and dessert while I can. Join me, won’t you?
How to Make Peach Blackberry Nectarine Crisp:
We’re working with Peaches, Nectarines, Blackberries and only FOUR other ingredients for the filling! Slice up some fresh, ripe nectarines and peaches. Add your blackberries, and the rest of the filling ingredients – sugar, vanilla, cinnamon, and corn starch. Pour this into a 8 or 9 inch baking dish. Take a moment to admire the beauty of these fruits.
Next. stir together the FOUR ingredients for the topping. Oh wait, there’s a FIFTH ingredient and it’s a pretty important one – butter! Cut the cold butter into the dry ingredients using two forks or a pastry blender (this is one kitchen tool that I HIGHLY recommend – it’s super affordable and useful for so many desserts, including crisps and pies). (Amazon affiliate link)
Next, scatter the topping over the fruit mixture. That’s all it takes!! It’s so easy, we could make this in our sleep. Except, er, maybe that isn’t actually safe? Haha.
Bake until golden brown and the fruit filling is bubbly. Get out plates and spoons. Forget about plates and spoons and face plant directly into the serving dish. Ok, ok, maybe don’t do that. Or do? It’s your dessert – eat it as you please!
DO serve with vanilla ice cream – that part isn’t a recommendation, it’s a command. ? And DO make this now – before all the glorious summer fruit disappears! I’m already sad that we’re coming to the end of the summer fruit season, but I already have SO many delicious fall desserts planned.
So, for now, fill up on peaches, nectarines, and blackberries, and in a few weeks, start preparing yourself for all the apple, pear, and pumpkin recipes that I’ll be throwing at you.
Happy Baking, my summer-fruit loving friends!
Did you make this recipe? Snap a photo and leave a comment!
Peach Nectarine Blackberry Crisp
For the Filling
- 2 medium peaches
- 2 medium nectarines
- 6 ounces blackberries
- 1/3 cup granulated or cane sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 2 TBSP corn starch or tapioca starch
For the Topping
- 1/2 cup + 1 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1/2 cup cold salted butter
- vanilla ice cream
- Prep: Preheat oven to 350° F. Get out an 8 or 9 inch round or square baking dish.
- Make the Filling: Rinse your fruit. Slice the nectarines and peaches. Stir together the nectarines, peaches, blackberries, and remaining filling ingredients. Pour into the baking dish and set aside.
- Make the Topping: Whisk together the flour, brown sugar, salt, cinnamon, and oats. Cut the cold butter into chunks, then add to the bowl with the dry ingredients. Cut the butter in using a pastry blender or two forks until you have a crumbly mixture.
- Bake: Sprinkle the topping over the fruit. Bake for 45-55 minutes. Add a baking sheet underneath the oven rack to catch any drips. The topping will be lightly browned and the filling will be bubbly all the way through to the center when done, and some will likely spill out around the edges.
- Serve + Store: Enjoy immediately! It will be very hot right out of the oven, so you can let it rest 10-15 minutes first. Serve with vanilla ice cream. Store leftovers, tightly covered, in the fridge for up to 5 days. This is one of those things that is best the day it's made, however.
Order my new book: