Fruity Pebbles Treats are made with deeply flavored brown butter, crunchy, sweet fruity pebbles cereal, gooey marshmallows, and a cereal glaze to top things off. It’s a flavor and texture party in every bite of this nostalgic, no-bake dessert!
Why you’ll love this Fruity Pebbles Treat recipe:
- Packed with Flavor & Texture – Each bite is full of gooey marshmallows, crunchy cereal, and white chocolate chips and marshmallows. These bars taste like your childhood in the best way, and give a fruity twist on the classic rice krispie treat.
- Easy Dessert – This easy recipe uses minimal ingredients and comes together in about 20 minutes! It’s easy enough for kids to help out with this one.
- Customizable – You can easily swap in other cereals, skip the glaze, or make this recipe dairy-free or gluten-free – it’s easy to customize as needed!
- Brown Butter – Browning the butter takes just a few extra minutes and adds so much flavor! It also adds a more nutty depth of flavor that I think is needed to contrast with the sweetness of the fruity pebbles cereal. I always use salted buter for the best flavor, but feel free to use unsalted butter if you prefer.
- Marshmallows – Use mini marshmallows!
- Fruity Pebbles Cereal – You can find fruity pebbles cereal (or an off-brand version) at most grocery stores. See alternate cereal ideas below.
- Vanilla – Use real vanilla extract for best results.
- Salt – A pinch of salt also helps balance the sweetness!
- Alternate Cereals – This recipe would also work well with regular or chocolate rice krispies, cocoa pebbles, cinnamon toast crunch, corn flakes, or any cereal you love!
- Dairy-free – Use your favorite dairy-free butter and white chocolate chips to make this recipe dairy-free.
- Gluten-free – Use your favorite gluten free cereal to make this recipe gluten-free. Try something that has smaller pieces like a gluten-free fruity pebbles, rice krispie, or chocolate krispie cereal.
- Vegan – Use your favorite vegan marshmallows and dairy-free butter to make this recipe vegan.
How to Make this Fruity Pebble Rice Krispies Treats Recipe Step-by-Step:
Step 1: Brown the Butter and Melt the Marshmallows. Melt the butter in a large pot, then continue cooking it, stirring lazily, for about 5 minutes or until it turns foamy and a deep golden brown color. Add the marshmallows to the melted butter and stir until they’re completely melted.
(These steps can obviously be done in the same pot – I just didn’t have a photo of the brown butter from this recipe, so I used an old one.)
Step 2: Add the Fruity Pebbles and Mix-Ins. Pour in the fruity pebbles cereal in to the marshmallow mixture, and stir to combine. Then, stir in the white chocolate chips and additional mini marshmallows.
Step 3: Spread in Pan. Spread your mixture into a greased and lined 9×9 or 8×8 pan.
Step 4: Top with Glaze. If desired, top with a glaze made with powdered sugar, milk, vanilla, and crushed fruity pebbles cereal.
These treats are a fun twist on a childhood classic – they’re sure to fly off plates anywhere you take them!
Serving + Storing this Recipe:
Let the fruity pebbles marshmallow treats set up for about 30 minutes to 1 hour before slicing and serving. You can speed this up in the fridge if desired, but they’ll have a more gooey texture if you let them sit at room temperature. Store sliced treats in an airtight container at room temperature for 4-5 days.
Expert Success Tips:
- Melt the Marshmallows – Make sure to melt the marshmallows all the way, so you can no longer see any individual marshmallow pieces outlined in the pot.
- Buttered Spatula – Use a buttered spatula to easily press the treats into your pan without making a mess.
Yes, you can double it and use a 9×13 pan.
Yes! You can halve it and use an 8×8 pan for a thinner layer of treats, or use a loaf pan for a thicker layer.
Yes! See recommendations in the recipe substitutions area towards the beginning of the post.
- Other Cereals – See options for other cereals in the recipe substitutions section at the beginning of this post.
- White Chocolate – Feel free to omit the white chocolate chips if desired. Or, if you enjoy white chocolate, you can drizzle a little over the top of these bars in place of the glaze.
- Microwave Directions – If you’re a college student or don’t have access to a stovetop, you can make this in the microwave! Melt the butter in a microwave-safe bowl – you can still brown it if desired, by microwaving in 30 second bursts, for 3 to 6 minutes total. Then, add the marshmallows and microwave on high for 1 minute, remove and stir, then microwave for 1-2 more 30 second bursts, stirring between each, until marshmallows are fully melted into the butter. Proceed with the recipe as directed!
- 9×9 Pan – A ceramic or metal 9×9 square pan is ideal for this recipe.
- Dutch Oven – A dutch oven is the workhorse of the kitchen! I use mine multiple times a week for baking and cooking.
More No Bake Desserts to Love:
- No-Bake Cookie Dough Bites
- No-Bake Black Forest Pie
- Amazing No-Bake Peanut Butter Pie
- No-Bake Nutella Tart
- Mini No-Bake Apple Pie Cheesecakes
More Easy Dessert Recipes:
- One-Bowl Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
- Best-Ever 5 Ingredient Brownies
- PBJ Thumbprint Cookies
- Jumbo Bakery-Style Monster Cookies
- Triple Chocolate Skillet Brownie
- Biscoff Swirled Blondies
Did you make this recipe? Snap a photo and leave a comment!
Brown Butter Fruity Pebbles Treats
- 3/4 cup salted butter 170 grams
- one 10-ounce bag mini marshmallows, divided you'll need 4 and 1/2 cups, plus an additional 1/3 cup
- 4 and 1/2 cups fruity pebbles cereal
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- 1/3 cup white chocolate chips optional
For the Cereal Glaze
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar
- 1 and 1/2 tsp milk or water
- splash of vanilla extract
- handful of crushed fruity pebbles cereal
- Prep: Spray a 9×9 baking dish with cooking spray and/or line with parchment paper. Get all your ingredients out.
- Make the Fruity Pebbles Treats: Add the butter to a large dutch oven or large saucepan over medium heat. Continue cooking the butter over medium-low heat, stirring lazily. The butter will get bubbly, then turn golden, then start to foam and turn brown and develop a nutty, caramely aroma. Once it reaches a deep golden color (about 5 mins), add 4 and 1/2 cups of mini marshmallows, and stir until they are completely melted into the butter. Immediately add the cereal, and stir until well combined. Stir in the white chocolate chips and an additional 1/3 cup of mini marshmallows. Press into your prepared pan. Let rest for at least 1 hour before slicing and serving.
- Glaze: Whisk together all glaze ingredients, adding more powdered sugar, a 1-2 tablespoons at a time, as needed to thicken. Drizzle over the bars.
- Serve + Store: Slice into squares and enjoy! You can speed up the setting time with these by popping them in the fridge for 15-20 minutes, but I prefer mine at room temp.